Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Another week in Stansbury Park!

Dearest Pratt Family,

This week has been one that I never knew I would go through but have like always learned from it! In so many of our prayers when we are sick or down we may ask our Heavenly Father 'why am I going through this?' and 'help me feel better.' As I had to rest for three days in the Fryers basement in the recliner chair with my cute hot rice pad Sister Lambert made for me on my stomach and my water and pills right next to me, those were the questions I was asking in my long drawn out 45 minute prayer as I was trying to sleep Monday/Tuesday evening when I for true wanted to be out teaching our lessons and having dinner in the members home. But since our Zone Leader's are the best and so are the members, they brought food by our place! It was like the best ever....my comfort food! ;)

In so many of the lessons I have taught I explain that we have Heavenly Fathers will and our will. We need to be doing our very best to align ours with His....easier said then done! It hit me that I was not doing that at all. I have been working so very hard, going all day long, you know being Super Sister Pratt and I just couldn't do it any more. My spiritual eyes and ears were opened during another long drawn out prayer the next day....'Heavenly Father what am I to learn from this?', 'How will this help me be a better Preach My Gospel missionary and trainer to Sister West and down the road?' Sometimes it's all in how we ask a question that we can receive a better/clear answer!

I was finally about to go out on Thursday and feel somewhat good. (Bishop/ Dr. Bezar had given me the medication to take and shoot it has totes been helping. Mom you are just so smart with all the pills and such! Truly grateful you know what I'm taking!) Our lessons were just great with Jana, Dakota, and a new investigator, Chloe! Then on Friday I was able to go to our District meeting and get through planning for the week....The bathroom is still my bff but not as much! We like it that way!!!!

Quick story from our dinner on Friday. We went to the Hinton's, they are just the cutest things ever (I have a picture of their family!) So missionary minded and all we shared a little message before dinner about how te Prophets obeyed God and so can we. We learn about that in the Book of Mormon and then sang the totes adorbs song, Book of Mormon Stories! They asked us all sorts of cute questions and are excited to serve a mission when they are 18 and 19!!! They had given us a referral to their neighbors next door! They have been inviting them to church and sometimes they come! So wonderful when we have a Christ centered home we have the desire to share His love and happiness with others! Even when we are 11, 8, 5 and younger!

Saturday and Sunday were both slow days but things worked out as the spirit directed us where to go! We don't have any one on date but we are trying to build up our teaching pool again. Sunday was Sister West's first time giving a talk on her mission! She was just wonderful! They went over really well. Family, marriage and missionary work! I thought of the hymn, Love at Home. Each verse outlines three points in Preach My Gospel under The Restoration, The gospel bless families. So tender for me to know that our Heavenly Father is smiling on High when there is love at home! As we each have a goal and help each other work towards it blessings will come to help us achieve it!

I am feeling much better. Thank you so very much for all your prayers! I do feel them. I still have some pain in the stomach but it's like a 2 now instead of an 8 1/2. I'm out working and taking it easy too! Sister West said that I need to stop worrying and stressing....chill out! We can be late! Ha. Opps! Looks like I still have things to work on!!! But Ether 12:26-27! His grace IS sufficient for the meek!

I love you all lots! I know you will have such an amazing week! Two more weeks till school starts back up for the students here! FUN!!!

Love your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt

Ps. We had crae, crae winds the one day and we almost got blown away!!! Haha. Also, yes, Diana there was a fire over the mountains on Sunday it was totes different. I'm used to tornado's not fire!








No comments:

Post a Comment