Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Have I told you how blessed we are as a Family?!!?!


Here is Sister Pratt's letter:

This week has been one of learning, yet again and full of love! To mom and dad, I hope all is well with your health....I'm feeling totally better. He truly has blessed Sister Yates and myself here in Woods Cross! We had the opportunity to be observed by the Missionary Training Center, Sister Julia Carolsen. She was just there, but her spirit was amazing. She was able to give us a ride both Wednesday and Thursday. What a blessing because of rain and snow. She would observe us and give us so much input and help. We both needed that and I need to keep telling myself that I CAN be a great missionary.

The spirit has prompted me two times this week. On Tuesday we had a lesson with L. She is ready to be baptized. So we planned to review a pamphlet and what she read in Helaman. She never read. Bummer. So I was like forget this! We are reading with you L! (Oh I hardly talk ever, I know it's surprising so I was thinking that! Sister Yates said, Lets read then!) Then I remembered what Brother Blanchard taught in the MTC. Ask them to pray to receive revelation through the Book of Mormon. Perfect! I then opened my mouth and the spirit filled the room as L prayed to know where to read and for it to help her. She opened at random to Alma 13. Then I was thinking oh great...I don't know anything about this chapter! What do I say about it. We read and the spirit filled her at vs. 20! The scriptures were before her and she knew that she needs to read the scriptures every day, have faith that Heavenly Father knows us and our needs! What a blessing. I smiled so big! I didn't need to know about the chapter for her to receive revelation!

Wednesday, we worked so hard in the Green Lead apartments and the Area Book. I had no clue who to visit! I don't know anyone! But when I looked through it I picked a few names, we visited them and wow! Willing to learn about the church! Then our last door. Sister Yates said, pick a door Sister Pratt. Umm the right side with the tree outside it! I knocked! Steve answered. I would love to have you teach me more!!!!! WHAT?!!?! They sound like my own thoughts, but it's the sweet whisperings of the Holy Ghost!

Friday was weak... we didn't plan well so we had to walk in the snow to the trailers. I'd say like to Pettisville and back. But our chats are so meaningful. About life, our amazing family and us as missionaries!

Saturday night was the Christmas party! The ward that has all old grandparents or newly wed! Haha. The ride that took us home. So sweet. It didn't matter how many times she asked me where I was from, I loved her and chatted with her. She reminded me of Grandma! My love for Grandma Iliff grew 1,000 plus times more! Her tender heart and white hair. I love Grandmas advice. Her tight hug before I left on my mission meant so much to me. She is really only a letter away! Sister Yates said that I need to work with older people. She just stood and watched me chat away. But she is amazing with Adults and children! Each to our own!

Sunday was amazing I love talking to the sweet deacons and teachers before church! How strong examples they are to me! Priesthood power. Dad, I love you! Lead the family in prayer and scripture study! With your
obedience we will be blessed! You are amazing! Thanks for having the sheep farm. I talk about them often. Sister Yates said, I may not have had strict parents but they taught me to work hard and go forward. James, Andrew and Dad, the path to discipleship. Listen to the spirit. Be that priesthood Heavenly Father wants you to be! I love you for that!

Our Zone went to the temple today! So beautiful! The joy and blessings of family! I thought of every one of you!!!! Mom, Dad, Grandma, Carrie, Diana, James, Liam, Andrew, AM, The Woodruffs - Joshua and Mary and Tuckers - Abby!

Christmas is here! The snow is amazing on the mountains! Sister Yates and I sing Christmas songs all the time! Brother Lingard, Stake High Councilman will have us call or skype?!!?! Family, what do you want to do? I'm happy to say I have Christmas presents for you all, bummer I didn't get one for Liam, but maybe next year! I'll send it out like next week! We will be having a party at the mission office and our district will be Christmas Caroling!!! So happy Sister Yates can sing!

How blessed am I to be a missionary at this time! 3 Nephi 11:41 'Therefore, Sister Pratt go forth unto this people, and declare the words which I have spoken, unto the ends of the earth.'

With all my love, your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt

    

Pictures:


Brother Woolf!


OHIO!!!


Brother Blanchard!


Entering into Utah Salt Lake City Mission (USLCM)


Sister Pratt & Sister Yates


"So I was so excited to go up to my first door...I tripped! I've been working really hard! 
Haha. Silly Sister Pratt"


Brian's Baptism


Merry Christmas!


Sister Julia! MTC observer!


Bountiful Zone


Salt Lake City Temple with Sister Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment