Tuesday, March 12, 2013

WOW. It takes time but blessings come!

Dearest Pratt Family,

What an amazing stressful week of yet again no one being home and people canceling appointments. By Thursday and Friday I was ready to give up but knew I couldn't. I wanted to go home and take a nap but I knew there were Heavenly Fathers children who needed to hear about the gospel this week. So I was obedient with Sister Adams and we drove out contacting our referrals and such.

Saturday we had J and A's baptism! WOW. The spirit was totally strong and I wish we told President Winn about it because of the sweet spirit which was felt! They are 11 years old and power flowed through them as you could feel their testimony. I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and talked about how fish have to be strong in the waves. Listen to the Spirit and you can stay safe in the water and not washed up by the shore. I have them those Swedish fish! ;) L their dad is not a member but I told him, just because we taught your children the lessons doesn't mean you have taught them. The spirit was with me as I talked to him. I planted a seed and one day he will be baptized!

Being obedient means blessings! After the baptism we didn't have dinner because one of the wards just doesn't feed us! So we went out....I felt like we needed to see M. They opened their door and invited us to eat dinner! M had a friend over....one of our potential investigators who we have not meet yet, T!!!! Who knew we would have the opportunity to talk to two potential investigators at dinner which was not even planned?!!?! Do you think He knows me and Sister Adams? Our needs, desires?!!?! A super totally awesome YES!!! Blessings come we just have to wait a bit longer than we want!

Stake Conference in the Woods Cross North Stake. President Hill is just amazing! So loving and great! I loved going and calling the Bishops by their name!!! It's coming together but still not the roads! One day! Haha. The spirit at conference filled my heart! Seeing A sing in the primary choir and sitting by P who will be baptized by her grandson Z on the 23rd! WOW! I felt so blessed to have that experience.....Mother's day remind me to tell you about it! Oh and a couple gave a talk also. Brother and Sister Moody. Didn't think anything of it....then he sang a song.....wait! My heart filled with joy and aww. He knows me and loves me!

I was happy to see a letter from dad in the little package you sent with the family's letters! Loved! I was going to write to him this week! Dad has been on my mind and then to see the Moody's! Tender mercy with 5,000 warm fuzzies!!!!!!!!!!

How blessed am I! I truly love this gospel and know without a doubt it is true!

With all my love, your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt

Ps. Monday we played bowling with our Zone and guess who won the second game?!!?! Haha. I'm so good! But I felt bad for the Elders....! Oops!


Brother and Sister Moody




**Please Note: Brother and Sister Moody are our relatives. Brother Michael Finlinson Moody's mother and our father's mother are first cousins and were also great friends. Brother Michael Finlinson Moody writes music and has written a number of songs. Some include "Faith" which is in the LDS children's songbook, "This is the Christ" and "He sent His Son" which are in the LDS church hymnal and of course many more. Here is a link to his biography if you are interested in reading it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_F._Moody.**


“Faith,” Children’s Songbook of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 96–97
With conviction
1. Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day.
Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray.
Faith is like a little seed:
If planted, it will grow.
Faith is a swelling within my heart.
When I do right, I know.
2. Faith is knowing I lived with God before my mortal birth.
Faith is knowing I can return when my life ends on earth.
Faith is trust in God above;
In Christ, who showed the way.
Faith is strengthened; I feel it grow
Whenever I obey.

Words: Beatrice Goff Jackson, b. 1943. © 1978 IRI

Music: Michael Finlinson Moody, b. 1941. © 1978 IRI




No comments:

Post a Comment