Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Heart throbbing, Faith promoting week!

Happy Father's Day!
Dad, James and Andrew, one day!

Dearest Pratt Family,

This week has been a joy to see the positive tender mercies and blessings in my life and in others! So Tuesday evening we went out and worked! We have been looking in the area book for new investigators but no one is interested or ready I guess, so Sister M and I prayed to have a miracle Baptism this past weekend...Wyatt Thomson! He is the cutest 12 year old ever so since one of our Ward Mission Leader's is like totes awesome and had exchanges for both of us that night and we were able to have 12 withs!!! Crae, Crae!!!!! The spirit was so tender as Sister Matthews and I talked to Wyatt and I know he will be baptized one day! His parents are divorced. His mom and step dad are active and supportive, but his dad won't let him get baptized until he is 16 years old....He has asked his dad before but got shot down. But get this! Wyatt has been praying for his dad's heart to be softened and he hasn't exercised his faith and ask him again! Who knew! So I challenged him to pray for the courage to ask his dad to be baptized!

Wednesday was just as awesome! We went on a field trip to the Utah Cemetery! Kind of odd I know but it was awesome! To think of all that the Prophets went through just for us to be here! The impact they have on a family. As we saw President Hinckley's grave we shared what we remember most, Temples everywhere! The 6 B's! His happy smile and waving his cane! Then I was the one that thought of his Book of Mormon challenge! That for me changed our family! I totes disliked reading and it was so hard but to know that we accomplished it was the best! We didn't argue as much, we loved more and were happy when the hard times came! Reading the Book of Mormon held our family together!

That evening Sister M and I were on exchanges again and it was super! I was with Sister Heaton who had never went out before...not very many people were home but that was okay we stayed happy and positive! She told me, 'You talk to people like you know them and aren't afraid to bring up the church! You're happy!' Haha. Well it comes with time! I was a member missionary once and know that it's hard to talk to your friends and family but when the spirit is with you, you can't stop it! Sharing the gospel is like totes the best! I was able to help strengthen both of out faith that night! And Sister M had a wonderful time with her sister, Visiting Teaching is so important! You never know the difference you make in someone's life by dropping off a little gift at the door! Years later this sister found out that the sister she visit taught kept all the gifts and notes and is now active in the church!

Thursday we went to T2 (Temple Square!) with Aryana! It was so amazing to help her look at the Christus and feel out Heavenly Father's love. I don't know if it was for Aryana or her mom. She had lots of questions and I know we were to be there on T2 having that lesson! I went out with Sister Jones! She is so full of faith! I felt bad I didn't really know where we were needed that evening so we pulled over and said a prayer! Have I ever said that Heavenly Father loves us?!!?! Because He does! She told me, 'You, Sister Pratt, listen to the spirit and I'll take you where he tells you to go!' Then we ended our evening with a less active family, Jamie and Rob! WOW! It all clicked for Rob and I know the spirit was there! He can overcome his addictions and return to the temple with his family! Reading the Book of Mormon with the family was so good!

Friday was our last District Meeting so we had a Pizza Party!!!!!!! Haha. Thursday night I made puppy chow! Sister M and I were just eating it like nobody's business! Haha. I was like, 'we should totes keep this for us!' Sister M said, 'oh yeah!' and then as we kept eating more of it I said, 'NO we have to have the others have this because we're going to get fat!' Hahaha.

Saturday was relaxed and low. The weather was just amazing we went out walking for the evening and a little boy gave us a polar pop!!!!! Ps. those are so good! Haha.

Then for Sunday!!! Father's Day, and I have sent out a card for dad that I made! LOVE YOU DAD!!!!! What a sweet feeling it was to have things click with me, our investigators and my family! All three sacrament meetings were wonderful! Dads, young men, Grandpas, they all have the potential of being or are worthy Priesthood holders! It's a calling to obey and truly be a Disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ! Be worthy of it! I know why I'm here on a mission and I'm so grateful for all your support and love, your quiet prayers are heard and I know all will be well! Keep holding onto the iron rod and look to the Temple!

Transfers are on Wednesday and I still don't know what's going on! Sister M's pretty for sure nervous. She doesn't have to tell me! I remember my first Transfer and I know it was the best! She is recovered and just has a scar from the incision on her neck! She makes me laugh in little ways and I totes love her! Maybe we will be together for another transfer?!

Have a super awesome week! And I love the pictures of Little Liam and James, you're totes awesome! Ha. and the Father's day pics, Super cute! Ps. AM, I want that dress so bad!!!! Haha. I hope AP is taking it easy with his leg. CB, all will work out! Love you! So little time and so much to talk about! I'll for sure write to you all this week!

Oh look on Facebook for Deseret Book or Deseret Credit.....we were interviewed for a Father's Day clip!

Love your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment