Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Transfers, Stansbury Park, UT Sister Cardon!

Dearest Pratt Family,

What a crae, awesome, like totes inspired week! Have I told you that I just love serving a mission with all my heart and know I'm to be here?!!?! Because I know this gospel of Jesus Christ is for true! And Heavenly Father loves us!

As Sister M and I went on the last few days together I really didn't know what would be happening but it was all for a reason. We got the call Tuesday morning and Sister M was leaving and I'm staying!!! (Just so y'all know I'm like totes the best packer ever!!!! Sister M's clothes fit perfectly in her suitcases! ;) I was so proud of myself for not crying when she left. I think it gets easier as I leave more companions. But I have missed her odd jokes and go go attitude! The girl who's Jewish, went to a Catholic school, is on a mission and has turrets! She is so cute with her bun on the top of her head! Haha.

Transfer meeting was a bit sad for us all. It's President and Mama Winn's last meeting! They were able to bear such strong testimonies and I know that we are in this mission for a reason. As Sister Winn stood up she looked our at all of us missionaries, some going home, lots staying and 43 new missionaries sitting behind her (13 are visa waiters) and said, 'I'm capturing this moment in my mind forever!' I know I was prepared in the pre Earth life. I felt the spirit tell me that I was prepared to be on a mission right now in this time in my life. Heavenly Father does not make Mistakes!

As I looked on the poster board of who my companion would be I didn't even know the Sister! Haha. Then she came up to me and said, 'Sister Pratt I wanted to be your companion!' and then we have each other a hug! In my mind I was thinking the same thing, I remember when Sister Cardon came in last transfer. She is a trial missionary so I'm finishing her last 6 week training just like I did for Sister Martin!!! She is the sweetest thing ever and is from Bountiful!!! How much happier could I be?!!?! (You know Ester Christensen from Perrysburg in our Stake? She reminds me of her and AM!!! Adorbs!!!)

In the back of my mind I knew Wednesday would be hard but I had to put on a happy face. Sister Yates went home....I don't know how to feel but I can tell you I love her so very much! She is my very best Friend! She taught me like totes a lot and am so grateful for her love! I gave her so many hugs!!!!! <3 Her parents are the best! and her sisters. I love her family! It was hard leaving the meeting because most of the missionaries I have served with are now in the East Mission.....I'm still in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission!!! But I can write them now!!!! Sister Hansen is in the East Mission now too. That was like triple hard to say goodbye to her. MTC Comps for life!

As Sister Cardon and I have been able to serve these couple of days together my heart has been so full of love and happiness! We work so well together! She is like totes like me but 19 years old!!! As we went to visit the Bishops in our Stake we asked for 3-5 hardcore Less Active's. Bishop Stinagle said that there is a street that he wants to visit and felt strongly about it....Well we took the opportunity to be prayerful and drive down the street to know who need us at that moment. It was around 3ish pm and as we drove we both looked to our right and saw an older man on his porch. Yep, lets talk to him!We did a U turn and parked on the side of the road. I'll have to write you to explain it's long but we followed the Spirit and know we were to be there with Ray who has been Less Active for over 50 years! We read with him, and I asked if we could come back next week - same time, same place?! Ray said okay and we smiled!!!

On Sunday we went to the Stansbury Lake ward! So amazing! We went to sit by Janny and she is doing well! And Dekota was there!!!!!!!! We are helping him receive the priesthood and he has missed two Sundays but he was in a full suit and we invited him to sit by us! We may not of had any investigators at church but both Sister Cardon and I felt their spirits!!!

The Broadcast was just the best! Ward Mission Leader's pick up the work with working with the Ward Council and us missionaries!!!! Sister Cardon and I had saved the first three rows in the chapel so we could sit by the Bishops in our stake and President Child! So we greeted all who came and when we saw the bishops we invited them to sit up front! Awesome, I know! It was so great to have that unity in the Leadership! Ps. President and Sister Child live right by us and they are just wonderful!

Cathy, Robert and Ruthie had the first lesson last night! They are so strong and will be baptized this transfer for sure! When we bear our testimony the spirit is felt and we are able to know that God loves us!

Also Sariah is just wonderful! We were able to read the Book of Mormon with her and it was just great! Pray that she will be able to be baptized on July 6th!

This work is moving forward and I'm so happy and excited as well as humbled to be apart of it! I know this life is the time to prepare to meet God so we need to do our very best to keep the commandments and Choose the Right! Have a totes awesome week!

Love your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt


Sister Pratt and Sister Cardon


Sister Yates and Sister Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment