Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It's all about FAITH.

Dearest Pratt Family,

What a super wonderful lesson filled week it has been in North Salt Lake! We had like 30 lessons this week! I feel like this week I have been humbled and need to change. Reaching my year mark I have thought to myself about what the Lord wants me to be as his servant... I am happy BUT, I need to change a few things. I am really scared to do that but I know I will be better because of it! It's all about Faith!

So we just came back from an amazing Sister Pday and I just loved it! Sister Hansen is the cutest thing ever! We went to the Church History Museum. I know I've gone there before but I totes learned new things and thought about how wonderful our Savior is to us! Then we went to lunch at the mission home... we had like the cutest homemade mac & cheese and I felt like I was home again with a ton of sisters all around me! Ha. Then we had a wonderful devotional. Hints why the email is late and I really don't have time so I'll sum up the week in a few sentences!

Our lessons were really touching this week as Sister Howell and I worked really hard and studied a lot to prepare for Elder Bednar coming to visit our mission! Faith, Conversion, and Testimony. I'll have to write another letter to you this week all about it but all I can say is that Elder Bednar is a real apostle of the Lord. As he met with our whole mission he didn't lecture us or tell us what to do, he simply asked us what we learned from preparing to have him come... My heart was full as I prayed really hard and receiving the answers of changing my ways. My eyes were full but I know I can do it. When he stood to leave the chapel, I didn't want him to leave and I thought of that scripture about the people wanting Christ to stay a bit longer with them... I read in my pstudy and found where it was at!

3 Nephi 17:5 '...he cast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them.' This is how I felt. I didn't want to leave the tender feeling of all of the USLCM missionaries and Elder Bednar. It just hit me really hard this week. So I read the whole chapter of 17 and shoot! Heavenly Father loves us so very much! He will help us become like Him. I don't know if this is going together but I can't quite put all my feelings down in this short amount of time! But, interviews were also this past week too and President said I'm doing great! Just don't run faster than what I can. ;)

I love you all and know we are here for a reason! Loves!

Love your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt






No comments:

Post a Comment