Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Questions to a humble prayer are answered.

Dearest Pratt Family!

I don't know where to start this week. But I know that it has been filled with the spirit! Looking forward to Conference, so so happy! We had a lesson on Thursday with D and it was a tender mercy. He felt the spirit and I thought of Dad and our tender talks about life in the kitchen or outside on a Sunday afternoon. Please pray for him. He is searching and has found it. He is homeless and needs prayers.

Sister Martin and I had Parleys Stake Correlation and I felt at 'home' (I was comfortable with the Ward Mission Leader) and I basically told them.....'umm brethren this is how it should be! I know I'm new to the area but I know (thanks to amazing leadership in Woods Cross) a better way for the members to do missionary work and how we can help this stake', nothing has happened for quite some months and we were able to receive like 14 referrals that day!!! Blessings!

Friday we had our apartment checked and the sweet older sister said, 'Oh from the looks I don't even need to look over anything.' Yep we are so super clean! I feel so happy when I have a clean desk, table and room! It's the simple joys when you are on a mission I guess! Ha. We had Zone meeting and that was just what we needed. We need our faith to have miracles happen in the SLC Zone! Please pray that Sister Martin and I may see miracles. We have non one on date for Baptism again this week....there has to be someone out there who is ready for the gospel, right?!!?!

Stopping by less actives and referrals it made Friday a long day and when I received your letters and also the Wilkins I had the energy to continue on! (Plus the chocolate the Woodruff's sent to me!) Thank you for the encouraging words, I need to have the courage! So Sister Martin and I went out and by the time we came back home 9:15ish I went to unlock the door and was like Woe?! Who heart attacked us????!!?!??!!? Then Sister Martin read Liam. SHUT UP!!!!! All I could do was laugh and cry! Jones Family, I love you! It was not just for me but for Sister Martin! She felt your love and I'm grateful you included her! She needed a little extra family love! It was inspired! A long day with blessings and hearts!

Oh Conference, with our mission your last transfer on your mission you get tickets, we didn't even think about this being Sister Martin's!!! We had amazing seats for the first session! My first time to see the Prophet! My heart was and is full! I had to tell myself this is real! It seemed so fake, but I know the spirit doesn't lie! Ha. This is my letter I wrote to President Winn today!
Dear President Winn,
     This transfer Sister Martin and I are hoping to have more faith! What a blessing it was to be able to attend General Conference for the first time! As Sister Martin and I were going through the week we did a little packet that was for the primary children....we wrote down our questions we had and then prayed in faith that our questions would be answered at Conference. And they were answered in every talk! I feel so blessed to know that I am loved by a Heavenly Father, I am accepted by Him! How can we come closer to our Heavenly Father? Living the gospel, keeping the commandments, having a Christ centered home! Just come and see! Just having the belief is enough for us to have the faith to endure to the end! As we turn away from ourselves and rely on our Savior we will be able to be the answer to someone's prayers! Have the Faith to baptize. These blessings will come!
     I'm grateful for my own family and what they have taught me in a Christ centered home! I have the love of the gospel and now it's my time to share it to our Heavenly Fathers children here in SLC!! I need to love them! Don't judge, they are able to change! They too need to feel loved by someone. I'm excited to be that missionary to help whether it be a less active member, non member or even a member that needs the tender words of this amazing Restored Gospel!
     General Conference gave me that extra faith to serve Him more by serving His children! I love this super awesome plan, the Plan of Salvation! As we have the big goal in mind, eternal life, we will one day return to him! So I will continue to face these trials with good cheer, with a bright smile and share the joy that I feel of my Heavenly Father!
Love, Sister Pratt

I learned so much and at the very last session that we went to, when President Monson came in, all I could do was smile! He is called of God and this is His Church! I'm grateful to have it in my life and to be sharing it to others! Being with the two less active sisters in the last session, I told them to think of a question and pray that it will be answered....they thanked me for saying that. The spirit was so strong. I know I'm to be here in SLC. It's still hard to say that, but I know as we work with the members it will come together and this will be home! I love you all so much! I'm happy you were able to go to General Conference! What stood out to you? How can you apply that into your daily life? He will help you, He loves you! Be of good cheer! Blessings will come!

With all my love, your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt









No comments:

Post a Comment