Monday, January 13, 2014

Learn. Grow. Transfer. Stay!

Dearest Pratt Family,

This week has been a week of learning and growing! For some reason I wasn't feeling the best so I had been home for a few days. But it was so very needed and I had a great talk with the big guy up high!

So I'm so sorry about Monday's email. But the temple was just amazing and I'm so very blessed to be able to go every now and then! The spirit was so sweet and I was able to learn so very much! When went shopping and what not and I was able to see Heather and Grandma P!!!! What a happy time that was to sit where Ash and I would have studies and feel of her sweet spirit! Tear. Then we were just go go after that we went blowing with the Zone and that was fun but I'm not going to lie... I have to just stay away from the 'worldly things' it got me so out of it and I didn't like the feeling at all. We had dinner with the Warner family and it was so very good. Too bad we could stay afterwards and chat for a bit but we had our lesson with Juan. We talked about the 10 commandments and Pres. Clark was so wonderful at using PMG and we were able to find a concern Juan has, tithing. For some reason I told him how I am able to be here on a mission which I have never shared before and he knows he needs to do it but financially it won't work out but I know that with faith the Lord will provide a way for him to make ends meet! Noah is totes progressing and we had Lesson 3 and he is just so stinkn' cute! He is on date to be baptized in April! It's a bit far out but I'm sure it will all work out with his family not being members and all.

On Tuesday was Zone Conference! Can I just say that President Hansen is such an amazing wonderful inspired man! I just knew that all would be okay with transfers... I'm here in NSL for a reason and I really do love the people so very much! It's all about becoming Better. This is what I have been trying my very hardest to do every single day. I'm so blessed to have a friend who has told me this like every week and I know I need to study a bit more in the morning but I'm so excited about the new SOE goals we have for the mission, it's so very true, we need to be happy every day so why have goals that we can't reach?! Start small and then improve every day, week, month, transfer. -President Hansen

Faith to act is so very hard but when you do it you see all the blessings our Heavenly Father has in store for us! And they are so very special and wonderful and totes adorbs, all tied up in a little bow! Ha. ;) Oh how very blessed I am to have this sweet mission experience to learn and grow! I want to stay here forever!

On Wednesday I was not feeling well and so I stayed home. Sister Howell was able to go out and Sister Holbrook wasn't feeling great either so we just cuddled all day! Sometimes you just need someone to listen to you and be hugged! Is that a bad feeling? Well little did I know Sister Holbrook needed me more than I needed her. I'm so grateful our Heavenly Father cares so very much about us to send us wonderful people to cuddle with! Ha. The spirit is just so wonderful to know that as we ask inspired questions we can find the real problem/and answer to help others around us!

Thursday I still wasn't feeling well but I got up anyhow and went out for the day. Sister Howell practiced singing for Sunday with Sister Hawlks! It sounds just amazing.. so super tender! Then lunch with Sister Moffat and her girls was just so wonderful! She is the sweetest thing ever. Then I was so happy to stop by the Cowel Fam. For true, she is totes going to come back to church, I just know it! Her son even told her not to have a cup of coffee in front of us! It was so sweet! Three times in white! Then to have our scripture study with Miss Sarah was so wonderful! The spirit just touched my heart. I had read 3 Nephi 17 before but that day was totes different. In verse 10 I thought, How would that be to have that much gratitude toward someone to bathe a person’s feet in your tears? Then in verse 15, to hear our Saviors voice. I know that if we live our lives in a righteousness way we can too hear Him! PTL! Dinner with the Davis Fam was wonderful. I just love having dinner with members who have missionaries out, they are so happy about doing the work and know what it means to love the work! Then we visited Rex and Jennifer... it was like having an FHE with them. We played 'primary songs charades', it was just the best! I'm so very happy that they have come this far to let us share a few things about the gospel to them. Their hearts are being opened little by little!

Friday, Sister Howell practiced her song again for Sunday and it was wonderful to assist her in singing it better! Oh how I just love music so very much! I'm so grateful for our fams talent of the ear of music! We had weekly planning and it was so super good! We have like our days full so I just am praying that this week will be better than last and I can keep smiling and my chin up! Dinner with the sweet Bennett fam in the RT ward is just so cute! She made us these little bracelets and one of the boys told me that he wants to be my friend! Haha. It was totes cute! It was like when I was back home Anna-Marie and I would have so many friends, little boys under the age of seven! Haha. I just loved my job being a nanny!

Saturday was a day of visiting referrals! It was so super fun to have an RM, Bro. Brown, come out with us. He just got home on Monday and shoot he is so great! I totes want to be like that when I get home! I just love this work! It was a bit sad and funny to have a man shut the door in our face! Haha. Sad for him but for us, our testimony is still super strong! I felt so happy and successful to update the area book and make cute little reminders in the binder... I didn't know how was getting transferred so I was just being prepared, plus it was a healthy way to help me relive my stress... you know me and craft projects! ;)

Sunday was so perfect! I was so happy to get up and get everything ready for the day and our lessons! Stake Correlation was really good and I know the work is moving forward in this Stake! We went to the FX ward and Sister Beesley and her daughter sang, Where can I turn for Peace? and I thought about that... I have so many places, in a warm hug, in our home, in the scriptures, in a member’s home teaching a lesson about our Savior, Jesus Christ. It hit me that I need to focus on those places more and in my life! When Sister Howell sang, Abide with Me, I thought what an amazing experience it is to know that so many of the members if not all the people that were in that sacrament meeting have had the feeling of our Heavenly Father abiding with them at one point in their life. Totes warm fuzzy! Then we were in the HL ward and the spirit of two missionaries going out into the field in ten days was so exciting. I have learned so very much! It was just amazing to know that Sister Cowles was at church!!!! It was so sweet siting by her in the Sunday School class and in RS! She is coming along! Then by the time we ended church and talked to the bishops it was dinner time... It was really fun! Then we had a lesson with Dana, our new investigator in the Clark's home! It was like I wasn't even talking and lesson just flowed as Sister Howell and I took turns teaching and bearing testimony and having the Clark's share their thoughts... it felt just so good. Then Sister Howell invited her to be baptized and she said yes! She then asked her if she would prepare herself to be baptized on February 15th, she said yes! There was a pause and then Dana and her friend Mackenzie cried and they were embarrassed! It was a tender moment like, 'oh my word I'm doing this' and 'oh my word my best friend is accepting the gospel!!!' Heavenly Father has trusted me to teach Dana and I fell so very blessed!

So I guess Heavenly Father still trust me to be in North Salt Lake and I'm just so happy to serve the Lord!

Love your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt

Ps. Mom, I got my flu shoot... hope that's okay?! Haha. Oh and stay like super warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment