Monday, March 17, 2014

Another week on a mission. Blessing!

Dearest Pratt Family,

I have so many things to tell you that have happened this week about Sister T and I and our wonderful Centerville peeps! They are just so very wonderful!

I'm so very happy for the wonderful news of Anna-Marie and Drew setting their date on April 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be just so exciting and I'm so happy for the two of them and getting all of their things moved... home won't be the same when I get home. But then I won't be either, so it will all work out!

Mom, in response to one of your letters you wrote this week, you can let President Smith know that Thursday will be just fine to meet with him when I get back. I have like 5-7 boxes that I will be mailing out between now and when I get home so just put them upstairs and I will deal with them when I get home.

Knowing that Nick is coming home this week.... I don't know what to think. I remember it was so hard seeing him and Evan leave and knowing that we are now coming home just months apart from each other. Time is just a special gift that we have and I want to put it into my hands and put it into my pocket and keep it forever but I have to move on. I don't want to leave and yet I want to see you all so very much.

Monday was a tender day of just cleaning our home and having lessons that evening. It is such a blessing to have wonderful members feeding us and feeling of their love. We are helping Brandon get back to church and his brothers are just super awesome! He is in the Young Single Adult but living at home and we are just doing Family Home Evening with his family. We talk about the atonement and the spirit and it was just perfect for him. Then we had a lesson with another family and it was so very good to teach younger children. One of the boys was looking up all the scriptures and it was so cute to know how much he wanted to listen to what we were saying.

On Tuesday we were able to do our morning exercise and such. I'm not even kidding, Sister T is just the very best and I love her for pushing me! Haha. I told her I wanted to leave and she just ignored me! Haha. It was the best! :) With all of the Relief Society Birthdays we have been having two dinners and I have been on over load with food! Haha. Sister T and I just love going and talking to the Sisters in the wards! They are just great and so very sweet! We then had our lesson with the Call Family. They just amaze me every week! What a joy it is to teach them. He has gone a week without tobacco and I'm sure it's hard but he is pushing through. He so wants to feel the spirit and we are helping him get to that point! It really is a blessing to see these families change and Come unto Christ. I feel so blessed to see them change and become what our Heavenly Father knows they can be.

Wednesday was a pleasant day. The sun was out and Sister T and I walked to our service to help paint the Huan’s home inside! It was just super great to see them work as a family and then to see Bro. Huan come home from work and work on his resume for a better job. Their goal is to get sealed in the temple in June with their children! I'm just so happy to help them get there. Then by the time we walked back home and got cleaned up it was about time for dinner. We ate with this cute older women... we call her now Grandma V! She is just the cutest thing ever and was so happy to feed us, she couldn't stop smiling! She was happy to have us tell about our family and she just made Sister T and my day. We just laughed with her so much! She told us to keep eating and it was like what?!!?! NO!!! But she was so cute that we couldn't say no! Then we went to another Relief Society Birthday dinner and it was super cute! I don't know if you remember but I think we have seen the movie before, Butterfly Circus. We just had our heads down and tried to not watch it but it is just amazing to know that we can become something so marvelous and wonderful if only we put our trust and faith in HIM that can help us! It was just perfect!

We now have Weekly Planning and District meetings on Thursday now and we are doing the lessons a bit different now. We are having them be to the point, we have to do the main lesson in 7 mins and then be done with the whole lesson in 30 mins and out the door. It is a challenge to change right at the end of my mission but I know this is what we need to do so I am helping Sister T the best that I can! She is doing super on her language and all! She is the best! We had fun at another Relief Society Birthday and then had a super lesson with the Turner Family. They are missionary minded and we know good things will come to this stake as they keep up the great work.

Friday we had a super awesome day filled with awesome blessings and such! We were able to get lots done and go out contacting. Sabrina is having some issues with some friends that are a bad influence on her. It is sad to see it but the Young Women are getting better at helping and reaching out to her right now. It is super just going out and about to visit Less Active's in the area and I know that we are making a difference in this area. We had a lesson with the Hampton Family and it was just such a joy to see the hand of the Lord provide a way to quickly stop by some other people we needed to see and they were home and we left our number and they will, we hope, call us back! The Hampton’s are just on target to be baptized and it is just amazing to see them grow as a family and share the gospel with their friends back in Wisconsin! Happy Day!

Saturday we were able to work on our Area book and look at formers and see what we can do in this area to build it up. We were able to make progress on seeing some peeps and contacting, it was a super day so we went out contacting near a bus stop and it was the best!

Sunday just came and went. It is too fun to hear mom talk about all of the Relief Society things she is doing with the Stake and to know we are having Ward Conferences too! They are just wonderful to hear of the guidance and love that our Heavenly Father has given us through our Stake Leaders. We went into the combined youth class and it was such a blessing. I sat by this young man who told me that it was his first time coming back to church in five years!!!!!!! I looked at him in his suit pants and tie and thought what got him to come back?! He said that his brother and some of the young men in his ward came by a few weeks ago and sat down with him and talked about coming back to church. So he thought why not. The lesson was perfect for him and the other youth in the room. We are planning on going to their combined bowling activity this week and hope to see him there! It is just amazing to see what our Heavenly Father can do to help us feel the spirit and come closer unto Him! Then to know that we made time to go into Primary to hear the Hampton boy give his very first talk and he's not even a member!!! He did so very well and it was all about Easter and being able to live with our Heavenly Father again! Bro Hampton wrote it with him! How amazing is that?! We had an eventful Stake correlation meeting with our Ward Mission Leader’s and it is just funny to see the men ask all of these questions and my response… we do it to be obedient! Simple as that! Ha. Dinner with the Brown's made me ask so is this what it is like for my parents to eat alone with the missionaries back home?! Haha. Different being so quiet but Bro Brown is just so wonderful and I really love the two of them! We had a super lesson with Moses and he has great friends in the apartment area! Oh how things just work out so very well! I love it!

Well this email is a bit mixed up and I hope you can still get something out of it! I am really happy for the Hampton's and she had just texted us today and said that she talked about the baptismal date and are moving it up to April the 12! What a blessing. Also Grandma P will be receiving her endowments on that same day and Hermana West just told me that she hit her 8 month mark today!!! Totes crae! To think I trained her during my 8-9 months being out!!! Time just flies by! So much happy news and I will be home with the family but I know they will be so very strong and already are. They are so blessed! Oh and one more thing just to get you excited and me even more nervous... Sister Tucker called from the mission office and told me that my departing interview will be on April 4th...... I'm so very happy and really don't want to leave this special place. But I know I will come back and keep in touch with all of these wonderful people I call my family too!

I love you lots and will pray mom will do well with all of this wedding and me coming home stress.... don't stress about me things will all work out! I know they will. Also for mom to get through the general women’s meeting and for dad to just enjoy the sweet love that is in the air and to keep mom under control! Haha. I will keep praying that Diana's health will be okay for her and baby Caleb! I hope all is well with Andrew and Carrie. I haven't had a letter from AP in a bit but I know he is busy with graduating in May and all so please let him know I love him and I hope Carrie and her students are loving it coming to a close for the school year. Oh, tell Grandma I love her and give her a sweet hug and kiss for me! I love you all!

Love your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt


No comments:

Post a Comment