Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It was a calm week serving the Lord!

Dearest Pratt Family,

I'm so glad you were able to help Brother Owen in going to the temple! Tender sweet! And Stake Conference! (Ps. kind of a bummer I couldn't see the Woodruff's) That is awesome the YSA were able to go the the Temple. So cute pictures! I love the Bowling Green YSA!!! And Big D, mom and Liam at the track I suspect...so cute! My love of OHIO!

This morning some of the Zones in the area had the opportunity to hike Ensign Peak! What a super cute view of the valley! I truly feel blessed to be serving here in the USLCM! This week has been a bit hard for Sister Martin with her going home and all but I'm grateful for all that Sister Yates taught me so I can help Sister Martin by reading D&C 6. She felt the spirit and then got the call that she received her Mission Call! So Thursday her family was there and opened it up! She is going to the Tacoma Washington Mission!!! Happy Day!

This week we have been working with the Ward Mission Leader's and the members. How grateful I am for each of them that are supportive in our missionary work! Numbers don't count, but it's good to set goals for sure. On Friday we had Zone Meeting and it was all about planning. I have a testimony of it! It hit me when I was studying that week for the meeting about Moses 2-3 and Preach My Gospel Chapter 8, Planning. How do they go together?! It's like a PB and J Sandwich! Ha. Heavenly Father didn't just create this world and us without giving it thought. Just like our investigators, we need to be prepared to teach and make visits to see them. Plan ahead, I'm all about it! We plan with the ward and Bishops and that is how the work moves! Also, on Saturday we went to a member funeral to support. It was so tender to know that life happens but to know that this sweet Sister was so happy and caring, always willing to serve! The power of the temple and Heavenly Fathers love is real! Our service here on Earth is so important! We are able to bless so many and we don't even know it!

Transfers are on Wednesday and I'm nervous yet again. I think I'll be staying in this area and they say all the sisters will be training.....oh no! Ha. Another hill to climb but I can do it with faith!

We will talk on Sunday! Please email me back before Friday. What time to call you or how the heck do we do this Skype thing? We may be at the Campbell's home to Skype? 6 pm Utah time, does that work?!!?! I'm able to check my email during mormon.org time on Friday so let me know please!
Happy Mother's Day! Mother I love you, mother I do!
I love you all so very much! Talk to you soon! Your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt

The pictures are of our Zone in the Gym
Sister G and Gould and Martin outside our apartment area! Ha.
Sister Martin reading her Mission call!







No comments:

Post a Comment