Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Rain, the simple things on a mission!

Dearest Pratt Family,

This week has been totes super awesome! With Sister Mahterian going into surgery on Tuesday I kind of freaked out a bit knowing I have to keep all our investigators on date and remember all our appointments....with faith and two amazing sisters, Sister Vawdrey and Vincent all was awesome!

We call it a 'struggle bus day/week'! Of course we had appointments fall through and people weren't home but we laughed every day and had wonderful lessons each day!

On Monday we played volleyball with our Zone and it was so fun! We were to have a lesson with Cassidy at the Steel's home (Their son is serving in our mission! Fremont area!) well he didn't show up so we just got to know the family and they are super. So we rescheduled! Tuesday we helped Brother Jason and his family move into their new home! Service is so great! Then we went on exchanges I was with Sister Vawdrey! She is great with the area and she has opened up in lessons ans we laughed lots! We had the lesson with Cassidy and wow! What an amazing young man he is. 13 years old and so wanting to learn! He loves church and scouts. At the end of the lesson (we taught Lesson we, the Plan of Salvation) he offered to say the prayer and he said, 'I pray that everyone in this room will be able to make it to the Celestial Kingdom.' Warm fuzzy!!!! Love him already! We are just needing to get his mom who is less active to have him be baptized! Pray for him and his family! Then later that evening we stopped by a less active referral and Emily is awesome. She and her family are struggling but she is so willing to help us out! So kind. She needs to come back to church, to feel the spirit! Wednesday was full of lessons and we met Kathy. She had lots of questions that we cleared up! She is ready for the gospel! Lunch with Carlos and Shaylee was just great! They are both cops and starting to come back to church! Love them. Thursday I had to rely on the Lord lots because both V1 and V2 were not feeling well so they stayed home. I went out with Sister Ward, a return missionary from Mississippi. We made visits all afternoon and didn't know like anyone we visited but it was fun! Vicki had her baptismal interview and passed flying colors! Friday our District meeting was about personal revelation Preach My Gospel Chapter 4....guess who read that that morning for personal study?!!?! I know, it was amazing! Heavenly Father knows what I need to help me feel what I'm doing it right! Then we had a lesson with Sariah Larsen. She is like 11 or so and we taught Lesson 3. She answered the questions amazingly! and then when we asked her if she was planning on going to church Sunday she said yes! She even told her friend at school that she couldn't have a sleepover because she had church on Sunday!!! Amazing! Then the Ward Mission Leader who was to have a dinner for us didn't tell us until 5:45 pm! Dinner is at 5. We were all a bit frustrated with that and lessons fell through for the evening. I said, 'I want to cry but I can't because I don't want to ruin my makeup for our next appointments!' BUT we were diligent and things worked out to have dinner later and found their cute little farm house! We had swiss steak....that is right, I just at Daisy! Haha. It then started to rain, like down pour and we had like 20 minutes left before going in. I had said a prayer to know where to go and on our way to a less active Sister V1 said....let's run in the rain!

Rain is now one of the simple things on my mission that I find joy in! I know it's hard to believe me, Sister Pratt running in the rain! Can you just see three sister missionaries running in a golf course parking lot in skirts and super cute tops getting all wet?!!?! Well it happened and I loved it! Looking at the sky at night and seeing the stars brings back memories!

Vicki's baptism was so tender on Saturday. Sister V1, Vawdrey got transferred to Tooele, a trial missionary went home. But we were all there for the Baptism and to know that Brother Peterson received the priesthood at 3:30 , baptized his wife at 4:20 and placed his hands on her head so she could receive the Holy Ghost! Now they will wait a year to enter into the temple with their family! The gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth today! Joseph Smith History 1:13-20, 25. Anthony's baptism is on Saturday!!!! Exciting!
A mission is hard but the joy is so much more!
Love your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt

Ps. Sister Mahterian is doing well. She can only come out to work an hour in the morning and in the evening. It was funny I was able to wash her hair in the kitchen sink! Haha. Fun times!

Pss. I'm happy all is somewhat well with the family, thanks for the emails and pictures! You all are so cute!











No comments:

Post a Comment