Thursday, July 11, 2013

A dead end is just the beginning. Chapter 2

Dearest Pratt Family,

We had Zone Conference yesterday so that is why I'm emailing today!

There is so much going on in the mission field right now and to know that I'm a part of it is like totes the best! Y'all are totes apart of it too! This past week Sister Cardon and I have had a little hard time being excited in the morning and being ready to work but we have exercised our faith and we have seen blessings come to the Stansbury Park Stake! We have been really working with the Ward Mission Leaders and the members are really getting into it! I love it!

We ave been looking for someone to teach and Sister Cardon and I have been looking through and updating the area book we got a phone call from a youth in the BS (Bayshore ward), Gabe told us that his friend Chris went to Youth Conference and talked with one of the leaders for like 45 minutes and wants to meet with us........! SAY WHAT?!!?! It is amazing when we are trying our very best because that is all we can do Heavenly Father blesses us with unexpected lessons. People who are prepared and ready to be taught! The spirit was strong Monday evening (the 1st).

Tuesday, Sister Cardon's 20th Birthday!!! We did some service and I saw a snake! It was like totes obvi crae, crae!!!! We walked for some of the day and oh my word it was so hot! But everyone is so nice and gave us ice cream bars and water. So thoughtful! Also our lesson with Mohan we were able to have a member come and wow! CPR (Church Pray Read) is so very important! We told them we are coming to pick them up for church on Sunday!

Wednesday we did service yet again! I just love doing it! We were able to talk to Sariah and she is reading the Book of Mormon and so ready for baptism on the 20th! Kapree was out of town for the week but we are okay with her being baptized. I think this will be great for her whole family to come back to church.

Happy 4th!!!! We had breakfast at the Grist Mill with the stake and it was so homey and cute. The Winter's family sang! It was just so amazing how Heavenly Father has provided us with this freedom to serve him in our country today! I'm grateful for so many that give their lives so I can have joy in mine! We then had like a half of a P-day to clean, do laundry and go to the store because we had a Mission activity in Bountiful!!! We passed Woods Cross and I wanted to see Heather, the Rasmussen's, the Wensel's, Pam, Grandma and Grandpa Lingard and others....but I just savored the moment passing by and seeing our district building and where we would always eat at!!! ;) The activity on Friday was awesome! President and Sister Hansen are amazing! Love them! It felt like we were in 5th grade science class making rockets but it was so much fun!

Friday we had a party for the birthday and some of the Elders one year mark!!! It was a blast!

Saturday we were like, 'hello Heavenly Father are you really there?!!?!' So Sister Cardon and I had to sing and it was wonderful! We got motivated and back to work!

Sunday was just a joy to fast and feel of Heavenly Father's love for the people here! We were blessed to bear our testimonies three times in the Sacrament meetings and each time the spirit told me that we were to be there at those meetings! Our lesson for Sunday School was just amazing in the Stansbury Lake Ward! Janny, Sister Fox and Brother Bergantz were in our class and the lesson was on #38 but for some reason I had Sister Cardon start it out and then I realized she was on the wrong lesson.....opps! But it was perfect! We worked in unity and the spirit was there! We are placed into families for a reason with a mother and a father! We watched the Mormon message about, 'Grandpa are you in there? Mother, father are you there?' We have such a big influence on our children and even grandchildren to help them learn and grow in truth and righteousness!

We then had a Youth Fireside at Lake Point. Was I prepared.....? No. Haha. I had no idea what I was going to say but my topic was being financially prepared for a mission. The scripture (sorry I can't find it right now) that talks about Nephi and his family finding the promise land and they call it Nephi and they were blessed by the Lord to work with all manner of ores and whatnot to have food and animals. We have to work for what we have. First we work, then we get paid! Tithing is a commandment and when you put him first a way will be provided to support you doing his work. He has for me! I know it!

Side note, we saw the Gillette's and guess what?! His father is Ray!!!!! Who knew?! His family has never gotten him to talk about the church....The Lord provides a way that his servants may enter into homes that need him in their lives! It was so touching to think that when Sister Cardon and I feel like we are at a dead end we just turn around and keep pressing forward! There are no dead ends in this life we simply just took the wrong exit and need to get back onto I-80 heading West! Haha. ;)

The tender smile of President and Sister Hansen is just amazing! This is what I need right now. Zone Conference, President is all about a rocket! A gradual incline and obedience and we will see baptisms! We learned about Repentance and did so many role plays.... fun! But really they were totes awesome! The AP's and ZL's Wampler and Hansen were like #bestzl's #inspiredforourcompanionship

My goal is to be on time to personal study so then it will be effective so during the day I can feel happy and teach with greater power. 

When we got home we went by Brother N's home to talk about Kapree and he is a great ward mission leader! So wanting to help! We then went to dinner at the Lambert's! Such a good meal, well her’s is always the best! Chicken salad sandwich!!! To die for!!! Then we walked to the Taylor's home for our lesson with Chris, the one that went to Youth Conference. We felt that we were to teach about Lesson 3 so we did. I forgot my pamphlet and sticky notes that we use for the lesson... funny how the Lord trusts us with our own knowledge! So Sister Cardon and I were a bit nervous for the lesson but it went totes well. We were talking and I looked at Chris and could tell he was feeling something... but I wasn't then the lesson went on and I had the feeling that I need to tell him that the spirit was there in the Taylor's home. I did so and then it was even more powerful as we testified and taught in unity and love! It was an overwhelming feeling that I had and to know I have gone through so much and have been humbled and then the blessings come. We like ran over to the Lambert's after the lesson and Sister Cardon and I hugged! ;) It didn't feel like this super power but in my mind I knew it was the spirit! We talked to Brother and Sister Lambert and I just started to cry as I felt the love from Heavenly Father testify to me that what I was teaching and where I am right now in my life is okay! I can't explain it all in words but I hope you know that I have been so humbled and have understood the atonement of Jesus Christ a little bit more. I'm working through things and helping others come unto Jesus Christ! Chris is on date for July 27!!!!

How blessed we are to have the gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope you feel His love this week! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt

Our new mission address is:
1535 S. Edison St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Ps. Today for morning study we hiked the T!!! It was so tender to look back and see how far we went! Kind of like a mission or life, I love the mountains so very much! Love ya!





















No comments:

Post a Comment