Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A dead end is just the beginning.

Dearest Family,

I'm so sorry I don't have too much time to write, with our mission split now missionaries are emailing me from the East! Haha. With the 4th of July our mission is having a party up in Bountiful!!! I know the best place ever!!!! So excited. We will meet President and Sister Hansen on Friday at our District Meeting! How amazing! Our mission is split today! Tear. But I'm so grateful for all your emails, pictures, letters in the mail, (mom you are so inspired when you write them!) But most of all, all of your prayers! As I have seen so many miracles before my mission and now during my mission ...... all the people I have talked to, 5 seconds or 35 minutes, they have changed my life.

This week Sister Cardon and I have learned so very much by listening to the Spirit! Sometimes you wonder why Heavenly Father had you go one way to find a dead end to go the other way and see the miracle. In that moment driving in our car I leaned on the wheel and said a silent prayer. I'm not giving up today Heavenly Father....where are we needed, who needs us? After a long day of a filled planner with no outcomes we drove to the LP area with the totes rundown trailers. Don't worry, we prayed for safety and charity. Ha. Sister Cardon and I know that as we meet with the Bishops we find success in the less active's and see a big tender mercy. We were able to talk to Mark and his boys and a friend who is not a member. Who knew that it took us listening to the spirit at the beginning of the day to find the answer to our prayers at the end. Heavenly Father knows us. When we can't go all the way we take it a day at a time, or maybe even an hour at a time! How grateful I am for the signs as we pass by that say, 'Watering Hole - 7 miles ahead' He gives us help and it was in the Ensign that I read a talk that talked about that a little bit! As we understand we can teach others and connect to their spirits and help them remember, you already know this. Missionaries, active members help others remember what they already knew when they lived with our Heavenly Father before this life. We need to be worthy of the spirit to have the spirit guide our lives!

I asked Elder Hansen and Wampler our zone leader's for a blessing. I don't know what was going on but Elder Hansen had one spiritual moment while giving the blessing. And I would love to have a few stories from dad about our ancestors with faith. How great is our heritage! The gospel does bless families! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love your daughter and little sister,
Sister Sarah Jane Pratt

Please pray for Sariah on date of the 20th now. Kapree on date for 13th and Mohan on date for 27th. Also Cathy, Robert and Ruthie. Their family is so strong and is going to church! We taught them Lesson 2 last night and invited them to be baptized on July 21st. Cathy said she has already been baptized Baptist. It's the priesthood authority, that makes it different!

Ps. Happy Belated Birthday Mom!!! I'm so happy you had a totes awesome birthday with a dinner, going to the temple and the 5K! I was cheering for you!!!

Pss. Family time is the best! I hope the Jones fam has fun in Idaho! And Clyde and fam enjoy the beautiful Ohio! Give them lots of hugs for me!!!!

I got an email from Sister Martin! She is just wonderful!
'Well as of today I am officially in the WA, Federal Way Mission! Still in Puyallup, WA and I am loving it here. The work is slow but we have one progressing investigator in a singles ward and we will ave to see how it goes! :) My comp and I are the best! :) She is also from UT and we have fun every single day. I just love you and look at how far you have come! I am so proud of you and I love you to pieces! :)
Love, Sister Martin'







No comments:

Post a Comment