Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hello from Lake Point Utah - Email from a Member

Hello,
My name is Jill Pearson and I live in the area where your daughter is serving her mission. Oh how we love her!!! and her companion, Sis. Cardon. They are so sweet, so hard working and have such a spirit about them. I love anytime I get to spend with them. So this morning, being the 4th of July, they attended a community breakfast that our stake puts on. They look so patriotic this morning that I took their picture and your daughter asked if I could send it to you. This afternoon they are having a mission wide activity in Bountiful and so I get to drive them to that.

So we live in Lake Point. I attached a couple pictures I took while ago of the area. It's a good, quiet, friendly place. The meadowlarks bring in the morning and the sunsets are fabulous over the Great Salt Lake.
My husband is the ward mission leader and I serve in Relief Society, so we get to work with the missionaries on a regular basis. Last week they were able to spend a few minutes at a Relief Society camp out with us - we just met at a sisters home and learned how to cook bread in a dutch oven and then sat around the campfire telling stories and visiting and eating smores and peach cobbler - but they stopped on their way home and got to visit a bit with us and share a little about themselves and we just love them! About a month ago I was able to drive Sis Pratt and Sis Mahterian to a zone activity at the Salt Lake City Cemetery - I will attach a few pics from that day as well.

When our son was serving a mission in Tennessee I loved being in contact with folks in the area where he was serving. Made me have more of a connection with what he was out in the mission field doing and I loved the people! We have 3 children - our son, who is married and attending BYU-I, a 19 year old daughter who will be leaving for her mission in Sept - going to Arkansas and a 13 year old daughter. We love the gospel of Jesus Christ, we believe in miracles and we love missionaries!
Have a great 4th of July!
Love,
Sister Jill Pearson












No comments:

Post a Comment